Civic Award nomination deadline fast approaching
Everyone knows somebody extraordinary – and now’s the time to identify them! Help us recognize the contributions of outstanding organizations and individuals in the community by submitting a nomination for a Civic & Community Award. The nomination deadline is Friday, Feb. 8.
These awards recognize the talent, dedication and generosity of the men, women and youth who have contributed to making Kelowna a better place to live in 2018.
The Young Male and Young Female Volunteer of the Year award winners will also receive a scholarship. The Dillon Thomas Budd and Payton Leigh Budd Scholarship awards funding towards post-secondary goals to all three finalists. The recipients of these awards will receive $1000 and the remaining finalists will receive $500.This year, the recipient for Teen Honour in the Arts will also receive a $500 entrance scholarship to the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies at UBC Okanagan.
Nomination categories include:
- Central Okanagan Foundation – Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Champion for the Environment Awards (individual and business)
- Corporate Community of the Year (small and medium to large businesses)
- Fred Macklin Memorial Award – Man of the Year
- Sarah Donalda Treadgold Memorial Award – Woman of the Year
- Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year
- Honour in the Arts and Teen Honour in the Arts
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
- Bryan Couling Memorial Award – Athletic Team of the Year
Online nomination forms can be found on the Civic & Community Awards page at kelowna.ca/our-community. Hard copy forms are available at City Hall and Parkinson Recreation Centre. Completed forms can be dropped off at City Hall or Parkinson Recreation Centre or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. As a thank you, all nominees and nominators will be entered to win a draw prize.
For more information, visit kelowna.ca/our-community.