Join the conversation
Get Involved Kelowna is where residents will learn about the most recent projects and initiatives open to input or find results of what we heard and next steps. We encourage you to explore the new site, meet the staff who are listening to your feedback for each initiative and register to receive news about the latest City projects. Subscribe here to receive e-mails about upcoming public input opportunities and help share policy, projects and other initiatives in your community.
Since May 2016 we've been asking residents to create a new community vision. What kind of community do we aspire to be? What are our core values? How can Kelowna adapt to the future? Citizens of all ages are encouraged share their vision of Kelowna and help create a thriving community for current and future generations. Visit Imagine Kelowna to join the largest city-wide conversation in history!
During the planning stage, we seek input on upcoming park, transportation, utility and community projects through open houses, workshops, surveys, online tools and social media. For a listing of current projects, see Projects.
Register at Get Involved to join the conversation online on timely projects and initiatives.
Contact Mayor & Council
Forward correspondence directly to Mayor and Council at email@example.com.
Participate at a public hearing
Public hearings are held every second Tuesday to invite public input on specific bylaws being considered by Council. These include property development zoning changes. Attend a public hearing and provide an opinion on the specific topic under discussion.
Submit written input
Unable to attend a public hearing? Submit your thoughts about a particular public hearing/public input item in writing.
Join a council committee
We have a number of different Council Committees which provide recommendations to council on a wide range of programs, policies and services. Opportunities to join a council committee become available from time to time. Talk to a committee member about your concerns, become a committee member by applying online or contact the Office of the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Getting involved can help make change for the better in our community. There are many different ways that residents can get involved in the City.
Be a good steward
- Donate or volunteer and become a Partner in Parks
- Volunteer at outdoor events
Take action in your neighbourhood
- Join your local Residents Associations
- Help a neighbour, be a Snow Buster
- Plant a plot in a community garden
- Follow the Yellow Fish Road
Check out even more volunteer opportunities.
Public Engagement News
- Residents invited to weigh-in on short-term rental regulationsNovember 9, 2017Public engagement
- Chime in on downtown parking, chance to win a $100 gift cardOctober 25, 2017Public engagement
- Stay informed, follow the journeyOctober 13, 2017Public engagement
- Downtown Area Parking Plan open house Oct. 24October 12, 2017Public engagement
- Last chance to weigh-in on downtown street furnishingsOctober 6, 2017Public engagement