Localized flooding prompts responses
CORD Emergency Operations Centre
For up to date information on the situation including a map of areas under evacuation alerts and orders, and to sign up for e-updates, visit www.cordemergency.ca.
Sand and sandbags
Sandbags and sand will be available throughout the flood period, check cordemergency.ca for locations.
Information on Flood Preparedness and Returning After a Flood
- Preparedness BC has information to help those property owners with protecting their property from flooding and some considerations for those returning after a flood.
- Interior Health also has information available for residents to consider Before, During and After a Flood.
- Information on flooding and electrical safety is available for BC Hydro and FortisBC (electrical and natural gas) customers: www.bchydro.com and www.fortisbc.com.
- Find out if you are under a Water Quality Advisory at www.kjwc.org, find your Water Provider.
- To replace recycling carts or waste bins due to loss in flood, please call the City Revenue Department at 250-469-8757.
- The Glenmore Landfill accepts damaged drywall, please separate contaiminated (mold) drywall from uncontaiminated as different rates apply. To learn more about accepted products and applicable tipping fees or rates, visit the Landfill page.
Disaster Financial Assistance
The BC Government announced that Disaster Financial Assistance is available to Central Okanagan residents affected by the recent flooding. Applications must be submitted by August 5 to Emergency Management BC and are available online at www.gov.bc.ca/disasterfinancialassistance.