Inter-municipal Service Agreements
Four Okanagan municipalities are working together to tackle issues such as affordable housing, global warming, sustainable development, transit, economic development, water, and air quality.
An Inter-Municipal Advisory Board, comprised of the four Okanagan mayors and chief administrative officers, will provide direction when dealing with these issues to Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton, and West Kelowna councils with decisions made at the council level.
A collaborative approach will allow the four municipalities to partner for funding opportunities, share ideas and resources and, as a result, avoid cost and time delays since cities facing similar pressures will likely be required to deal with them in similar ways.
- Municipalities Working Together on Common Issues - January 2011
- Four Okanagan municipalities want cooperation on RCMP costs - July 2010
- Coordinated Initiatives for 2010 - March 2010
- Valley leaders collaborate - January 2010
- Intermunicipal Advisory Board tackles valley-wide issues - February 2009
- Four Okanagan municipalities set priorities - October 2008