Commercial vehicle decals

Vehicles that are used for any business purpose within City boundaries in the ordinary course of a business undertaking must annually purchase and display a commercial vehicle decal.

The licence period is from January 1st to December 31st of each year. The fee is based on the GVW (gross vehicle weight) of the vehicle and ranges from $25 to $40 and is payable by cash, cheque or debit.

Home businesses

Many types of home based businesses are permitted in Kelowna. The Zoning Bylaw and the Business License Bylaw regulate home businesses based on the type, the number of expected customers and employees, and the amount of space required within your home to operate the business. Businesses that require many employees, large amounts of space, or generate increased traffic are generally not suitable for a home based business. Anyone operating a business from their home within city boundaries must obtain an annual business licence from us.

Subdivision process

The Seven Steps to the Subdivision Process

1.  Pre-Application Meeting

Applicants are encouraged to contact Community Planning to schedule a meeting to discuss their proposal. Staff will identify known site specific issues with respect to zoning, planning policy, development permit areas, existing services, development constraints, and assist with the application process.


Subdivision can generally be described as the legal mechanism to create new, titled parcels of land. Where a proposed subdivision complies with the current zoning regulations for the parcel, an application can be submitted to the City of Kelowna Subdivision Approving Officer.


Subscribe to City of Kelowna RSS