Subdivision on farm areas

The Subdivision Process

Subdivision of Agricultural properties must comply with all Kelowna subdivision requirements for zoning and servicing. This inludes meeting minimum lot sizes and access to services including sewer and water. If the agricultural land is within the ALR, the subdivision will also require approval by the Agricultural Land Commission.

The Official Community Plan identifies a Permanent Growth Boundary  and densification or subdivision outside of this boundary is generally not supported. The reason for this is to promote density where services already exist in our urban areas, and to preserve valuable agricultural land for generations to come. Many agricultural properties and properties in the ALR are outside this Permanent Growth Boundary, and therefore are not suitable for subdivision or increased density.

To learn more, send us an email! We are here to help