The Purchasing and Stores Branch is responsible for acquiring the materials, equipment and services required by all City departments, for disposing of surplus materials and equipment, and for controlling and maintaining adequate inventory levels at the City Stores Operation.
Tenders and Requests For Proposal are issued by:
- Purchasing Services for a wide variety of goods and services.
- Purchasing Services may designate other Departments as necessary.
- Purchasing Services' bidding opportunities can be accessed on this site and downloaded at your convenience. Formal bids are issued for most acquisitions having an expected value over $75,000.
Formal bidding opportunities over $75,000 are advertised in one or more of the following ways:
- Posted online bidding opportunities
- Advertised in the local newspapers
- Public Notice Board located in City Hall
- British Columbia Government's web site BC Bid
- British Columbia Local Government's web site Civic Info BC
To receive current postings of City of Kelowna bidding opportunities, e-Subscribe.
Immediately following the closing time, tenders are opened in public, request for proposals are not opened publically. Interested parties are welcome to attend the openings.