Bob Giordano Memorial Award
The name Bob Giordano was synonymous with hockey in the Central Okanagan in the 1950's and 60's. Giordano wasn't known for his athletic prowess, it was his organizational skills and enthusiasm for the game that made him an indispensable part of the local sporting fabric. Bob truly loved to share his time and talent with the young people of Kelowna.
Bob passed away in October 1965.
- Awarded to an individual who has contributed significantly to Kelowna through voluntary service to amateur sport, such as coaching or administrative support.
- Selections are based on the nominees achievements/contributions for the year 2013.
- Past information can be included, but should primarily be regarding the current award year.
- Nominees must no have personally benefitted from their volunteer activities, nor should the contributions be considered part of their normal employment or job responsibilities.
- Selections are based solely on the information in the completed nomination package.
Nominate a deserving individual for the Bob Giordano Memorial Award. on-line nomination
Past Recipients of the Award
2012 - Hal Hennenfent
2011 - Tony Sodaro
2010 - Terry Britton
2009 - Arnar Bernhardsson
2008 - Dan Wray
2007 - Garth Vickers
2006 - Dave McClellan
2005 - Jane Fairey
2004 - Ross Sutcliffe
2003 - Ken Wilson
2002 - Lloyd Nelson
2001 - Jennifer Charles
2000 - Kevin Davies
1999 - Joan Schemley