Okanagan College Transit Exchange & KLO Road Improvements
As part of BC Transit's RapidBus Phase 2 and 3 project, a new Transit Exchange has been built on KLO Road.
The new exchange, fronting Okanagan College on KLO Road, was developed based on consultation with the community through three open houses, and various traffic studies. The transit and roadway improvements increase the functionality and comfort of the current transit amenities, while providing a traffic calmed environment intended to reduce vehicle speeds.
The new exchange went into service in September 2014.
- Improvements along KLO Road, included a landscaped centre median between Campus East and Campus West Roads
- New transit pullouts and stops on KLO Road
- Improved pedestrian crossings
- Widened bike lanes
- Improved pedestrian/cycle connectivity and linkages
- Transit signal priority at KLO Road/Gordon Drive intersection
- More efficient transit service through future access to the Gordon Drive frequent transit network
The exchange is one of many transit projects in Kelowna that are part of BC Transit's RapidBus Phase Two and Three Project, which includes creating and upgrading transit facilities throughout the region.
RapidBus connects people to their destinations easier and faster, and builds a sustainable, efficient transportation network within the region.
Have the latest City news delivered to your inbox. e-Subscribe for project updates.
Regional Projects Manager